How do I change my listing?

In order to change your business address, you must do so formally with the Treasurer-Tax Collector. The registered businesses dataset on the open data portal comes from the system maintained by the Treasurer-Tax Collector. If you need to make changes to your account, you can do so here:

Please do not submit address changes to DataSF, we can only refer you to the above website and cannot make these changes on your behalf.

Please note: Address changes take time to reflect in the dataset as it only updates once per week on Tuesdays.


Looking up a Business Account Number

Some departments have forms that require your Business Account Number. This number is assigned by the Treasurer-Tax Collector. Some forms reference the registered businesses dataset on the open data portal as a place you can find your number, and you can generally find your number here. If you have trouble, we suggest you contact 311 who will best be able to help you get your number.

Here are the steps to find your Business Account Number (BAN) on the open dataset:

  1. Go to the registered businesses dataset
  2. In the upper right-hand search box, enter a keyword or two to filter the list. We suggest starting with one or two keywords from your fictitious business name (DBA) or ownership name.

  1. The Business Account Number is in the second column, find the one for the record representing your business


I still can't find my Business Account Number

If you can't find your BAN, please contact 311 directly online or call 3-1-1. This is the fastest route to get someone that can help you.